The Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists:
- the first funding initiative of its kind, enables the IWMF to dramatically expand its support of women journalists
- 2019 / Round 2 seeks to promote the work and advance the role of women in the news media across the globe.
The grant is intended to give women journalists the opportunity to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of underreported topics (this may include various focus areas: women in agriculture, or stories about and by female conservationists).
The average grant size is US$10 thousand.
1. Woman-identifying journalists from anywhere in the world are eligible to apply
2. Professional journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession
3. Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience
4. Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
Utilize This Offer
Promoting the work and advancing the role of women in the news media across the globe is critical to transparency and a diversity of voices.
All answers and documents must be in English
Next application deadline is September 5th, 2019 11:59 pm EST
Please visit https://tinyurl.com/y4m9joud