Funding for the WARC Travel Grant Program is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.
The WARC Travel Grant:
1. promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent;
2. provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
Travel grant funds may be used to:
– attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the continent of Africa;
– visit libraries or archives located in Africa with resources necessary to the applicant’s academic work;
– engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another African institution;
– travel to a research site in Africa.
Read carefully the instructions on How to Apply.
All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents.
Utilize This Offer
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
The current cycle closes on 15 September 2019.
For more information please visit https://tinyurl.com/y5gtynql