This training programme
1. Aims to to enhance the knowledge of indigenous peoples on existing international human rights instruments and mechanisms, so they can use them to more effectively advocate for the rights of their communities and raise their concerns at the international level;
2. Combines theoretical sessions with briefings on the UN system, OHCHR mandate and activities, international Human Rights instruments, and mechanisms - including those more specifically dealing with indigenous issues; Practical assignments and exercises also help better integrate the theory.
Participants are entitled to
- a return ticket (economy class) from their country of residence to Geneva
- a daily or monthly stipend to cover their basic needs in Geneva, including modest accommodation, food and transport
- a basic health insurance for the duration of the Programme.
Applications need to have an official recommendation letter from the nominating indigenous organization or community.
Utilize This Offer
Trained fellows will be expected to be in a better position to share and give training sessions on the knowledge gained to their indigenous communities and organizations.
OHCHR will not cover any additional expenses such as visa fees and travel insurance.
Please vsit https://www.ohchr.org/