The Scanlon Foundation’s annual community grants round for 2019 will fund projects that demonstrate their contribution to social cohesion by:
a) Building pathways to employment; or
b) Increasing applied English literacy.
1. should consider the experience of migrants and of receiving communities and aim to nurture positive outcomes;
2. must be located in one of the following Local Government Areas outside Victoria:
- New South Wales: Blacktown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Liverpool, Parramatta, or Wollongong.
- Queensland: Brisbane, Inala, Ipswich, Logan, Rockhampton, or Townsville.
I- Western Australia: Canning, Stirling, or Wanneroo.
- South Australia: Murray Bridge, Playford, Port Adelaide Enfield, or Salisbury.
- Tasmania: Glenorchy;
3. must be submitted by organisations with DGR 1 status.
All submissions are also expected to empower new arrival communities and develop cross cultural connections.
Funding: up to a maximum of $25,000.
Utilize This Offer
The Foundation is particularly interested in exploring new and innovative ways to engage, empower and connect communities.
Applications will close at 12pm midnight on Thursday 12 September 2019.
Please visit https://scanlonfoundation.org.au/grants/