First Nations will award 20 to 25 US$1,000 to US$1,500 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic school year to Native American college students majoring in agriculture and agriculture-related fields, including but not limited to agribusiness management, agriscience technologies, agronomy, animal husbandry, aquaponics, environmental studies, fisheries and wildlife, food production and safety, food-related policy and legislation, food science and technology, horticulture, irrigation science, and sustainable agriculture or food systems.
1) be full-time undergraduate or graduate students majoring in an agricultural-related field, or be able to demonstrate how their degree program relates to Native food systems
2) be tribally-affiliated and able to provide documentation
3) have at least a 2.75 grade point average (GPA)
4) submit a letter of recommendation from faculty member
5) demonstrate a commitment to helping his/her community reclaim local food-system control.
Utilize This Offer
Purpose of the Program: to encourage more Native American college students to enter agriculture and agriculture-related fields so that they can better assist their communities with these efforts.
Application deadline: 30 September 2019 at 5:00 pm MDT.
Please visit https://tinyurl.com/y65ws3wr