The Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples is accepting proposals for ‘Land Defenders and Water Protectors’ to support Native led actions against incursions, unwanted development, and extractive industries as well as threats to sacred sites in Indigenous communities, lands and territories.
- Peaceful direct actions and frontline organizing
- Sacred site protection
- Environmental education and issue advocacy
- Indigenous appropriate and traditional technologies
1) Leadership and Decision-making: A minimum of 80% Indigenous Board of Directors and also an Indigenous Executive Director;
2) Nonprofit Status: 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status, Fiscal Sponsorship, or other tax-exempt status (if operating within the U.S.).
Grant Range: from USD$500 to USD$10,000.
The Fund does not support: Individuals, Non-Native organizations, religious missionizing efforts, purchase of vehicles, heavy equipment, capital campaigns, or scholarship funds.
Utilize This Offer
The Land Defenders and Water Protectors grants are aimed at U.S. Indigenous Peoples’ community based organizations doing community education, frontline advocacy and peaceful direct actions responding to the desecration of Mother Earth.
Deadline: 11 Oct
Please visit https://tinyurl.com/y2q7su62