Funded by the German Bundestag and U.S. Dept of State, the CBYX fellowship annually provides 75 American young professionals, the opportunity to spend one year in Germany.
The program consists of 3 phases:
1) Two months of intensive German language training
2) One semester of classes in one’s academic or career field at a university, technical or professional school
3) Ninety-day internship in one’s career field.
This fellowship covers basic living costs for participants, including:
> Round-trip international airfare from Washington, D.C. to Germany
> Language school costs for two months of intensive German language study
> Tuition costs for four months of study
> Housing costs for host family, apartment, or dormitory during the pre-internship phases
> Program-related travel within Germany
> Health insurance in Germany.
1) U.S. citizenship
2) Ages 18½–24 at the start of the program
3) High school diploma
4) Strong interest in German and world affairs
Utilize This Offer
CBYX is open to candidates in all career fields who are interested in a year of academic, professional, and cultural exchange.
Participants are expected to act as “young ambassadors” of the United States in Germany.
For more information, please visit https://tinyurl.com/y8hfug