The Maypole Fund:
a) was set up in 1986 by women involved in the peace movement, especially with Greenham Common. Today, they are a group of feminists coming from various political backgrounds.
b) seeks applications from women only for projects and activities that meet the following aims of The Maypole Fund:
> action against the arms trade;
> action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems;
> creating a culture of peace and nonviolence and the prevention of conflict and war;
> action to support disarmament policies, processes and related initiatives.
1) Young women’s groups/individuals and lesbian groups/individuals;
2) Activities or projects not yet started;
3) Women who do not have access to other sources of funding or whose projects find it difficult to attract funding from elsewhere;
4) Imaginative/creative activities;
5) Individual and small women’s groups over larger established women’s groups.
Utilize This Offer
The Maypole Fund gives grants of up to £750.
Deadlines for funding applications are: 31 January and 30 June of each year. If you do not hear from us within 2 months of these dates, your application has been unsuccessful.
For more information, please visit http://www.maypolefund.org/the-grant/