The Global Forest Watch (GFW) is accepting applications for its 2020 Small Grants Fund (SGF) to promote broad uptake and effective use of GFW tools and data by civil society organizations.
In 2020, the Small Grants Fund will continue to focus on rapid response to deforestation through the use of early warning systems to identify, verify, investigate, and act upon satellite based alerts, with a primary focus on the Global Land and Discovery (GLAD) weekly deforestation alerts and, optionally, NASA’s VIIRs active fire alerts for improved forest management, law enforcement and advocacy.
Applicant organizations must:
1. Be legally constituted as non-profit and non-governmental
2. Have a total annual budget greater than $50,000 USD
3. Possess a computerized financial system for tracking and recording expenses
4. Be able to complete an organizational assessment document in fluent English
5. Receive a rating of medium to low risk on WRI’s organizational assessment.
Utilize This Offer
Successful projects translate data into action, to overcome challenges in protecting the world’s forests.
Awards range between $10,000 and $40,000 USD.
Projects will run from August 2020 – July 2021.
Deadline: March 1st, 2020.
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/2QVuYLt