The Dag Hammarskjöld Fund for Journalists fellowships are open to individuals who:
1) Are native to one of the mainly developing countries of Africa, Asia (including Pacific Island nations), Latin America and the Caribbean;
2) Currently live in and write for media in a developing country;
3) Are between the ages of 25 and 35;
4) Have a very good command of the English language;
5) Are currently employed as professional journalists for print, television, radio or internet media organizations.
Applicants and/or their employers are required to provide equipment necessary for the applicants to efficiently and effectively report from the United Nations.
Such equipment should include a laptop or notebook computer, digital camera (if appropriate), audio/visual recording and equipment needed for transmission, especially for TV.
a) start-end date: early Sep-late Nov;
b) will include the cost of travel and accommodations in New York, as well as a per diem allowance.
Utilize This Offer
Eligibility: radio, television, print and web journalists, age 25 to 35, from mainly developing countries who are interested in coming to NYork to report on international affairs of the UN General Assembly.
Application deadline: March 6
For more information please visit https://tinyurl.com/8lhbu8m