Technovation is a global tech education nonprofit that empowers girls and families to become leaders, creators and problem-solvers.
They offer two programs – Technovation Girls and Technovation Families – which bring kids and adults together to solve big problems in their communities.
Since 2010, more than 23,000 girls from 100+ countries have participated in Technovation Girls.
With the help of volunteer mentors, they’ve produced mobile app startups that have helped address problems in local and global communities the world over.
Student Participation criteria:
1. All students must be between the ages of 10 to 18 as of August 1, 2020;
2. All students must identify as female, trans, nonbinary or gender nonconforming. Students who are assigned male at birth and self-identify as male cannot enter the competition;
3. Teams are composed of 1 to 5 students. Students can only join 1 team;
4. Competition Divisions are based on the age of the oldest student on the team;
5. Students can participate in Technovation Girls for multiple seasons until they reach the age of 18;
6. Students can work with the same team members and mentors, but they cannot submit the materials to competition over multiple years;
7. Teams can explore the same problem, but the app prototype must be different each year.
Applicants team’s division – Junior or Senior – depends on the age of all team members.
Technovation problem solvers will change the world.
Young people are curious, creative, and determined. Technovation Girls gives them the courage and tools to explore their ideas.
Students will learn to build a mobile app, how to market it, and can submit it to our global competition.
Utilize This Offer
Every year, Technovation invites teams of young people from all over the world to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology.
Join us and Lead the Change.
Registration Deadline: March 16, 2020 - the last day to formally register a team.
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2020 at 19:00 UTC.
World Summit: August 2020.
For more information, visit https://technovationchallenge.org/