The ygap program provides the region’s most promising women entrepreneurs with access to the skills, knowledge, connections, funding and community they need to build sustainable and scalable ventures.
It has been designed and is delivered by women entrepreneurs, for women entrepreneurs.
yher leverages ygap’s proven model which has been developed by running over 45 programs and supporting more than 515 impact ventures globally. It has now been contextualised to meet the specific needs of their Pacific Islands women trailblazers.
The yher Pacific Islands program is a 6 month program that begins with an intensive live-in accelerator week, which will be held in Suva, Fiji from the 18th to the 24th of July 2020.
The rest of the program will consist of remote support, which you can access and partake in from home.
Program Stages - The program runs in a number of stages:
1. Accelerate: You will begin your yher program journey by attending a one week immersive ‘accelerator’ experience in Fiji. Here, you will meet like-minded women entrepreneurs from across the region, and together go through an intensive week of training;
2. Support: After having spent a week deep diving your business, you will return home energised and ready to start implementing your newly acquired ideas and insights. The yher team will continue to be there to support you. For 6 months, you will have access to monthly coaching calls, small grants, resources, connections and more;
3. Growth: at the end of the support phase, they will work with the entrepreneurs who have made the most progress and have been the most engaged and proactive to apply for further funding from ygap.
1. Are you a female founder that:
a) Is living in the Pacific Islands?
b) Is running a business in the Pacific Islands?
c) Has a business that has been actively tested, developed or launched and is currently active?
d) Has a business that is selling a tested product/service?
e) Is making money (or will be making money soon)?
f) Has a business that is making a difference in your community?
g) Wants to grow your business to impact more people?
2. Female-Led Ventures: You must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
3. Local: You intimately understand the problem that you are trying to solve in your community.
4. Social Impact: Your venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty and align with one or more of the Global Sustainable Development Goals.
5. Support Women and Girls: They prefer ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift women and girls in some way, however, this is not required.
6. In the Early Stages: You will have already fully developed, tested or launched your venture and can demonstrate early traction or proof of concept. Your intervention should be innovative and unique, and will typically have been in operation less than two years.
Utilize This Offer
The yher Pacific Islands Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate female impact entrepreneurs who are at the early stages of building businesses that exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty across the Pacific Islands region.
Apply online by 24 April 2020.
For more information, please visit https://ygap.org/yherpacificislands/