The AIMS-NEI Fellowship Program for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS) seeks to increase women’s participation in, and contribution to, a more sustainable societal response to climate change.
This fellowship program was made possible by a grant from the International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada, and financial support from the Government of Canada, provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
It is part of a broader effort by AIMS-NEI to build the intellectual capital needed to better their understanding of the causes of climate change in Africa, and to solve the myriad challenges to Africa’s development resulting from climate change.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
1. Female scientists currently residing anywhere in the world;
2. In possession before the fellowship start date of a doctorate in a quantitative discipline, including but not limited to applied mathematics, climatology, physics, computational chemistry, statistical ecology, computer science, theoretical biology, and engineering;
3. Currently employed, on either a permanent or a temporary basis, in a non-profit work environment, including government;
4. Actively engaged in research, policy, and/or practice relevant to climate change modelling, mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience among others; and
5. The lead and/or senior author of at least one refereed publication on a topic relevant to climate change modelling, the causative factors of climate change, climate change mitigation, adaptation, and/or resilience etc.
All reviews done by the Selection Committee members and other reviewers will be based on the following criteria:
a) Quality of applicant;
b) Quality of proposed project;
c) Potential im.pact of proposed project on scientific knowledge, practice and policy.
The fellowship is worth up to USD 35,000.
Successful applicants are expected to execute, in a suitable African host institution, a self-initiated project with the potential to contribute significantly to the understanding of climate change and its impacts, and/or to the development and implementation of innovative, empirically‑grounded policies and strategies for climate change mitigation, adaptation and/or resilience, among others.
Utilize This Offer
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is currently inviting interested female scientists to apply for the third round of the AIMS-NEI Fellowships for Women in Climate Change Science (WiCCS).
The application deadline is the 15th April 2020 at 23:59 CAT.
For more information please visit https://www.nexteinstein.org/research/aims-nei-fellowship-program-for-wo...