The COVID-19 Response Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation requests proposals from nonprofit organizations in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan that incurred unexpected expenses working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by corona virus and the economic consequences of the outbreak.
The Foundation has created the COVID-19 Response Fund as a mechanism to best support area nonprofits delivering critical services during this unprecedented time.
Grants will address the following priority areas:
a) Immediate basic needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by closures and cancellations related to COVID-19;
b) The elderly and other high-risk populations who are experiencing a COVID-19 impact;
c) Residents who are food insecure;
d) Residents who have no medical insurance or who are under insured.
The proposal should be in narrative form and must briefly address the following information:
1. Project Goals and Objectives - Identify the problems or needs that will be addressed.
2. Population to be Served – Identify the population that will benefit from this project or program.
3. Implementation – Summarize the plans and time frame for implementation of this project.
4. Project Outcomes – Provide information.
5. Project Budget Information – a one-page project budget as an attachment, which includes the following information: projected income and expenses; all sources of program funding (both solicited and received); and the period (beginning and ending dates) for which funds are being requested.
The Foundation has seeded the fund with US$ 100,000 to respond to immediate needs and continues to raise additional funding for ongoing expenses incurred by nonprofits.
i) Proposals will only be considered from nonprofit, charitable organizations which have been designated as having tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service code;
ii) Applicant organizations must be located in and providing services for residents of northwest Ohio or southeast Michigan.
Utilize This Offer
The COVID-19 Response Fund seeks applications from organizations with a demonstrated track record of service provision through established programs.
Funds are not intended to support start-up programs.
Applications seeking to offset loss of revenue as a result of cancelled fundraising events will not be considered.
For more information, please visit https://www.toledocf.org/grants-2/#Open