Omidyar Network India announces Rapid Response Funding for Covid-19: Commits Rs 7.5 crore (US $1 million) towards solutions focused on ‘next half billion’.
The Covid-19 pandemic and its wider socio-economic impact are an unprecedented development.
This is one of the biggest human challenges of our times.
World over governments, donors, investors, and communities at large are coming together to face this crisis.
Omidyar Network India recognises that the slowdown will most impact the vulnerable sections of population and large swathes of India’s “next half billion” (NHB), whom, they seek to serve – the vendors, daily wage earners, the gig-economy workers, and small businesses.
Omidyar Network has announced a rapid response window to fund proposals that support the lower 60% of India’s income distribution in managing and mitigating the challenges that come with Covid-19. Omidyar Network modest effort aims to support innovative community level initiatives.
Below is an indicative list of the types of initiatives that will be considered:
- Data, apps and other technological solutions;
- Community outreach and mobilisation campaigns;
- Proposals that seek to improve economic resilience of NHB workers and small businesses;
- Actionable research that enhances the ability of the government and public in dealing with the crisis;
- Collaborative efforts.
1. NGOs, research organisations, social entrepreneurs, and for-profit businesses seeking to do this on a no-profit basis;
2. Omidyar Network’s existing partner organisations are encouraged to apply.
Utilize This Offer
Omidyar Network India:
a) has announced a call for proposals for rapid response funding to tackle the challenges posed by the Covid-19 situation and the consequent socio-economic impact;
b) invites proposals that strengthen containment, detection and treatment, support crisis management capabilities, and enhance resilience and recovery in the wake of Covid-19.
> 7.5 crore ($1 million) in aggregate under this initiative.
> Proposals in the range of Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 2 crore.
Deadline: ongoing (rolling basis).
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/3dsyvdy