The purpose of the Tampon Tax Fund is to allocate the funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.
The 2020/21 round of Tampon Tax Funding is inviting charitable, benevolent and philanthropic organisations from across the United Kingdom to bid into one of three categories:
> violence against women and girls;
> young women’s mental health and well being, and
> a general programme.
1. The fund is open to charitable, benevolent and philanthropic organisations from across the United Kingdom;
2. The value of the grant requested must not represent more than 50% of the applicant’s or consortia’s collective annual income;
3. Applications should focus on 1 of above listed categories;
4. Grants may be for 1 or 2 year projects;
5. All project activities must be concluded and funds must be spent by 30th June 2022;
6. Applicants must include a copy of their safeguarding policy, along with a statement that confirms the applicant has effective and appropriate safeguarding procedures that protect employees, beneficiaries or volunteers from harm, and that explains how any concerns and incidents are managed;
7. Applications should be from organisations that can deliver impact across their chosen category and across multiple regions in one 8. more of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
9. Please do not submit applications for projects which deliver wholly and exclusively in either Northern Ireland or Wales.
We are particularly interested in proposals that involve partnership working. Please note: where applications are made by a consortia evidence of partnership arrangements must be provided.
All applicants will have to demonstrate how user involvement is built into their work. All applicants will be expected to show how their project activities are inclusive and operate within an equal opportunities and diversity framework.
Bids must outline the long-term sustainability of project activities, demonstrating that the impact of the project will last beyond Tampon Tax Funding.
Utilize This Offer
Overall, the Tampon Tax Fund aims to support projects that improve the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged women and girls across the United Kingdom.
Any activities included in the bid for funding must be additional to current business development activity your organisation is undertaking and may not be used for core funding.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 31st May 2020.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tampon-tax-fund-application-f...