The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section (PAS) in Kathmandu is soliciting proposals for grants from not-for-profit, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions that focus on one of the priority areas specified below.
Funding is available for projects that address the priority areas below and focus on Public Affair’s key audiences, including civil society organizations, entrepreneurs/innovators, journalists, women, youth, young political leaders, and members of parliament.
Grant proposals should address one or more of the five Public Affairs priority areas:
1. Indo-Pacific Vision: Activities that advance U.S. and Nepal efforts to increase prosperity, good governance, and cooperation with other countries in the South Asia and Pacific region.
2. Entrepreneurship development: Programs that strengthen the entrepreneurship and economic development ecosystem in Nepal, and expand access to that ecosystem among minority communities, women, youth and less-developed areas of Nepal.
3. Democratic Governance: Activities that promote the values that reinforce the U.S.- Nepal partnership, including but not limited to democratic values of: a) freedom of speech; b) transparency; c) pluralism; d) accountability;
4. Social Change through performing arts: Activities that utilizes performing arts to address social issues pertinent to Nepal, such as gender-based violence, LGBTI and minority rights, freedom of speech, and transparency and accountability.
5. Youth and women empowerment: Activities that enhance incomes, increase participation in STEM education, create jobs for women and youth, as well as improve livelihoods.
Utilize This Offer
The U.S. Embassy Kathmandu Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Nepal registered not-for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions with relevant programming experience.
Floor of Individual Award Amounts: USD$5000.00. Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: USD$24500.00
Anticipated period of performance: 1 Year.
Applications may be submitted at any time for consideration before the final closing date of this annual program statement on May 31, 2020. However, proposals will be reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis as they are received.
Therefore, applicants are highly encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as possible.
For more information please visit https://np.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunity/