The Maypole Fund was set up in 1986 by women involved in the peace movement, especially with Greenham Common.
Today, they are a group of feminists coming from various political backgrounds.
The Maypole Fund’s aim is to resource imaginative, non-violent activities by feminist anti-militarist women – whether individual women or women only groups – to proactively challenge patriarchy.
The Maypole Fund is seeking applications from women only for projects and activities for any of the following:
b) Action against the arms trade;
c) Action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems;
d) Creating a culture of peace and nonviolence and the prevention of conflict and war;
e) Action to support disarmament policies, processes and related initiatives.
1. Young women’s groups/individuals and lesbian groups/individuals;
2. Activities or projects not yet started;
3. Women who do not have access to other sources of funding or whose projects find it difficult to attract funding from elsewhere;
4. Imaginative/creative activities;
5. Individual and small women’s groups over larger established women’s groups.
Utilize This Offer
Do you have an imaginative project on anti-militarism; action against the arms trade; creating a culture of peace and nonviolence and preventing conflict and war; disarmament; or against nuclear weapons and weapons systems?
If yes, then submit your applications to The Maypole Fund.
The Maypole Fund gives grants of up to £750.
Application deadline: 30 June 2020.
For more information, please visit http://www.maypolefund.org/the-grant/