The United States Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement to implement an 18-24 month project titled “Gender Based Technical Assistance for Shelters.”
Objective 1: Increase the capacity of local governments of Costa Rica to provide protection to adolescent victims of gender-based violence and domestic violence in vulnerable communities.
Objective 2: Improve the capacity of the selected shelters to conduct meaningful trainings that will allow victims to avoid violent situations.
Objective 3: Promote exchange of best practices for gender-based violence and domestic violence victim service providers and local authorities.
Develop a technical assistance program for at least three shelters in Limon and Alajuela, Costa Rica, including therapy services and basic educational opportunities, to support adolescent and young adult victims of gender-based and domestic violence.
Applicants must have:
1) demonstrated experience implementing similar capacity building programs, preferably in Costa Rica. INL reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering similar programs and/or federal grant awards;
2) the ability to produce course materials, deliver training, and conduct evaluations in Spanish and English. Relevant members of the applicant’s staff should be proficient in English in order to fulfill reporting requirements;
3) existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with stakeholders in order to successfully carry out the proposed program;
4) a commitment to non-discrimination with respect to beneficiaries and adherence to equal opportunity employment practices. Non-discrimination includes equal treatment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender, and political affiliation.
Utilize This Offer
This project seeks to provide technical assistance to at least three existing shelters in Limón and Alajuela, Costa Rica, to strengthen and support response to victims of gender-based violence and domestic violence.
This project will develop a comprehensive training methodology for shelters to provide therapy services in interpersonal violence prevention and self-management techniques for adolescent and young adult victims of gender-based and domestic violence.
The project will also support the shelters in developing the necessary connections with the Ministry of Public Education of Costa Rica to support victims in completing their basic education (i.e. elementary and/or high school).
The anticipated total federal funding amount is $100,000.
The period of performance should be between 18 to 24 months.
1. Costa Rica-based non-profits or NGOs;
2. Costa Rica-based private/state educational institutions.
Closing Date for Applications: December 08, 2020.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=329360