ISDAO is a West African activist-led Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer and Intersex (LGBTQI) Fund dedicated to strengthening and supporting a West African movement for gender diversity and sexual rights by adopting a flexible approach to grant-making, and ultimately developing a culture of philanthropy that is committed to equality and social justice.
Funding can be used to cover expenses such as registration fees, advocacy, capacity building, membership meetings, networking events, participation in strategic conferences, emergency funds, programs and projects.
Utilize This Offer
The Initiative Sankofa d’Afrique de l’Ouest (ISDAO) is pleased to announce for its 3rd grants cycle. ISDAO provides flexible funding to support the overall coordination, operations, and strengthening of a group, organization, or network.
ISDAO grants are currently awarded to organizations, networks, and groups that:
1) Are led by lesbians, gays, bisexual, queer, intersex and trans (LGBTQI) people. ISDAO considers a group to be “led by LGBTQI people” when LGBTQI people are in decision-making roles, including defining the organization’s strategic and financial priorities, and represent at least 75% of the staff, spokespersons, and members of the board or other decision-making bodies;
2) Are based in at least one of ISDAO’s current focal countries, including: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal or Togo;
3) Are dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQI people at the local, national, or regional level;
4) Are committed to engaging in and strengthening the movement to advance the human rights and inclusion of LGBTQI persons;
5) ISDAO does not require a group to be legally registered to be eligible for funding.
ISDAO’s grants range from USD 5,000 to USD 20,000 for a period of one year; depending on the organization’s needs, grant experience, and available funds.
For more information, please visit https://www.isdao.org/apply-for-a-grant/