The proposed study attempts to review & analyze gender responsive procurement by Corporate India, identifying challenges and opportunities to strengthen women owned business through linkages with corporate supply chains linkages.
Scope of the study:
Focusing on key corporate executives responsible for procurement decisions including COO/Supply Chain executives/Purchase Managers, the following will be undertaken:
- Quantitative Survey: the survey will be sent to the top companies with a minimum annual turnover of INR 1000 Cr/procurement budget INR 250 crores, focusing on those listed on the BSE and NSE, MNCs operating in India and PSUs. It is expected the survey will cover responses from 150-175 corporates across size, geography, and sectors;
- Qualitative Interviews: 20 in-depth, one-on-one interviews will be conducted with key stakeholders and decision makers involved in procurement, to get an in-depth understanding of the Corporate’s procurement policies and identify best practice;
- Focus Group Discussions/ Webinars: Overall 3-5 focus group discussions/webinars, reaching out about 50 women owned business who are interested in/currently part of corporate supply chains will be held to understand their perspective on supply chain linkages.
Type of Contract: Individual Contract.
Post Level: National Consultant.
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start): 02-Nov-2020.
Duration of Initial Contract: Three Months (20 working days per month).
Duties and Responsibilities
The assignment entails following roles and responsibilities:
1. Support in overall execution of the research study;
2. Support the desk research and review of relevant literature;
3. Support data collection activity, including reaching out to partners to ensure completion of surveys;
4. Undertake qualitative interviews;
5. Moderate Webinars/FGDs;
6. Collaborate with the research team to record, collate and analyse qualitative and quantitative data;
7. Support drafting of findings and recommendations;
8. Contribute to the preparation of articles on research outcomes;
9. Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
Utilize This Offer
Under the guidance of UN Women’s Business Sector Advisory Group, the WeEmpowerAsia Programme is undertaking a study to review & analyze Gender-Responsive Procurement by Corporate India. The Research Consultant will play a critical role in supporting the Units in various function of this ongoing research study.
The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Lead and in close coordination with the Country Programme Manager- WeEmpower Asia.
Required Skills and Experience:
Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working on development projects particularly in the context of enterprise development, MSMEs and supply chains as well as related policies;
- Knowledge of gender issues pertaining to women enterprises;
- Knowledge of mainstreaming gender equality into policies / programming / development.
Previous experience with research for International Agencies including the UN System is desirable;
- Sound understanding of human rights-based approaches.
c) Language: Strong written skills in English and good command over Hindi as medium of communication.
Application Deadline: 31-Oct-20 (Midnight New York, USA).
For more information please visit