Under the direct supervision of Programme Manager-WeEmpowerAsia and in close consultation with the Programme team, the technical consultant will be responsible for the following:
1. Develop a criterion for selection of women entrepreneur master trainers;
2. Conduct 8 online trainings of 5 days each for building capacities of 200 women entrepreneurs (a batch of 25 entrepreneurs) as master trainers through a ToT model on addressing social norms and gender inequality, discrimination and violence against women, gender rights and entitlements by using UN Women’s existing training content;
3. Receive regular feedback from the master trainers and modify / improve training content accordingly;
4. Review the work done at the village level by master trainers on creating awareness around gender issues, identify gaps and provide accompaniment to master trainers through organizing 8 follow up trainings of 3 days each;
5. Develop a training guide for master trainers;
6. Develop clear messages on behaviour change including around addressing violence against women and girls that can be developed into a communications campaign;
7. Input into a Gender-related M&E framework for the intervention around data collection and hypothesis development with research experts to develop a RCT and integrate these in the M&E Framework.
Utilize This Offer
The objective of the assignment is to create a cadre of women entrepreneurs trained on key gender issues who in turn create awareness around the gender issues among communities that are a part of their supply chains.
Required Skills and Experience
Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
a) Minimum 8 years’ experience of working on projects related to women’s empowerment with a focus on rural women;
b) Demonstrated experience in projects around digital empowerment of women;
c) At least five years of experience in developing training content, guidelines, modules and imparting trainings on gender issues;
d) Good communication skills and the ability to explain technical terms in a non-technical language;
e) Experience of working in the similar assignments is preferable;
Experience of working with UN agencies, international organization is desirable.
3. Language: Strong written skills in English and good command over Hindi as medium of communication.
Application Deadline :31-Oct-20 (Midnight New York, USA).
For more information please visit