Future Bora aims to catalyze interventions that expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth between the age of 18 and 29 years.
By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to reduce the obstacles that these youth face while seeking employment and income generation opportunities.
Each winning organization will receive:
a) Grant Funding: Grant funding of KSH 40 million for each of the three winning organizations disbursed in tranches;
b) Capacity-building: Advisory and mentoring support for scale and growth;
c) Visibility: Opportunity to show your intervention and gain visibility
The challenge is seeking organizations that match the following criteria:
1) The organization must be registered in Kenya. All types of organizations (for-profit, not-for-profit), except state-owned enterprises and public institutions, are eligible to apply for the challenge;
2) The organization should have been operational for at least three years as of 1st September 2020 (applicants will be required to submit audited financial statements for the last three years);
3) The intervention/solution submitted by the organization must be unique and innovative in solving unemployment issues faced by the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth;
4) At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the proposed intervention should be between the age of 18 and 29 years;
5) The organization should be working with:
b) Persons with disability;
c) Single mothers:
d) Youths affected by conflict;
e) Street youths;
f) Youths from vulnerable and marginalized communities as defined by the Government of Kenya.
Utilize This Offer
Are you an organization that is working to build a better future for most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan Youths by expanding their economic opportunities?
Then this is for you.
Future Bora is an initiative of the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP).
The initiative aims to expand economic opportunities for these vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth by supporting transformational organizations that have interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of these youth groups.
Three organizations with the best interventions will be selected.
The deadline for submission is 15 December 2020 5:00 PM EAT; however, we will suggest not waiting until the last day.
For more information, please visit https://www.futurebora.go.ke/