This call for proposals is launched in the framework of the EU co-funded project “Antigua and Barbuda DECIDES for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) and Child Rights” – DECIDES AB.
The overall objectives to contribute to, on the one hand, the protection of the human rights of LGBTI people and, on the other, to the prevention and enhancement of the response to child abuse in Antigua and Barbuda by promoting societal cultural changes and enhancing the capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) to counter them.
The specific objectives of the call are:
a) To raise young people´s awareness on child abuse and its consequences on individuals and society;
b) To strengthen capacities of young people, teachers and staff within youth clubs and other relevant organizations, so as to be better equipped to recognize and report violence;
c) To make aware young people of the risks related to child abuse, including risks of contracting STI´s (sexually transmitted infections).
The lead applicant must:
1) be legal person, non-profit making and established in Antigua and Barbuda. If the lead applicant is not a CSO, at least one co-applicant shall be;
2) be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project proposal with their partners, not acting as an intermediary.
Utilize This Offer
Antigua & Barbuda DECIDES for LGBTI and Child Rights (DECIDES AB) is looking to support the project(s) that contribute to the promotion of child rights and, more specifically, to prevent child abuse and related risks among young people/adolescents and other groups in the country.
1) Applications must involve at least three partners of three different typologies (further information in the Call’s guideline);
2) One of the partners shall act as lead applicant and the others as co-applicants. Lead applicants cannot submit more than one application;
3) Applications will be deemed eligible only if submitted by registered, non-state and non-profit making civil society organizations legally established in Antigua and Barbuda;
4) All applications must be submitted in English;
5) Applicants must have:
a) experience in the field of child rights and child protection;
b) a valid bank account registered under their legal name.
Grants requested under this call must range between a minimum of 25.000,00 EUR and a maximum of 50.000,00 EUR.
One or two projects will be selected.
The project duration shall be a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 14 months. The project(s) shall start by January 2021 and terminate no later than February 2022.
Deadline for submission: 16 December 2020 at 12:00 (AST).
For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/361MRib