Who is eligible for a grant?
Charitable organizations based in the UK that are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland are eligible to apply for a grant.
Any educational institution is also eligible to apply for a grant whether or not it is a registered charity.
The Trustees will generally only fund organizations which have at least one full set of Accounts following charity registration.
The Trustees prefer to support smaller charities since modest donations are capable of providing potentially greater benefit in such cases. Consequently, it is unlikely that organizations with an annual income in excess of £1 million will be provided with a grant under the small grants programme.
As stated above, the trustees will only support bodies affiliated to a national organization provided it has a separate charity number and receives no direct financial support.
The trustees do not make grants to charities outside the UK.
Utilize This Offer
Any charitable organisation based in the UK is eligible to apply for a grant, as are any educational institutions (schools, universities, etc.) whether or not they have charitable status.
The Foundation provides grants only in respect of:
1) Relief of persons in need, hardship or distress by reason of disaster or as a consequence of social or economic circumstance;
2) Provision/Maintenance of care and accommodation for the sick and elderly;
3) Promotion of education – in particular within the Derbyshire region;
4) Environmental Conservation / Preservation / Protection / Improvement – in particular where this would encourage the provision of access by members of the general public;
5) Human physical well-being – but applicants should note that funding in this area is proactive and the trustees will not make grants in response to unsolicited applications.
Applicants to their Small Grants programme can receive one-off grants in the range £500 to £2,500.
If you are interested in making an application for a grant from the Foundation we recommend that you consult our Information for Applicants before submitting the form as this may increase the chances of your application proving successful.
9th December 2020: Deadline for Applications.
For more information, please visit https://www.woodroffebenton.org.uk/