The United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) has announced the Regional Challenge “Digital Innovations for Acceleration of Sustainable Development Goals” to identify inclusive innovations with high impact, offering a real opportunity to accelerate the 2030 Agenda for the sustainable development in favor of the populations of the following 10 countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Comoros, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger and Senegal.
In order to provide a better contribution to the achievement of the SDGs by impacting the most vulnerable populations, UNCDF is organizing a regional challenge “Digital innovations for the acceleration of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”.
This challenge revolves around three pillars of intervention of the UNCDF digital strategy which aspires to “Do not let nobody aside in the digital age”.
PILLAR 1: Empowering Customers;
PILLAR 2: Digital Infrastructure;
PILLAR 3: Inclusive digital innovations.
Utilize This Offer
1) The application must be submitted by a legal entity or by a partnership of legal entities. In the case of a partnership, the leader of the partnership will be responsible for the conduct of the project from the beginning to the end. It is up to the leader to guarantee the commitment of its various partnersto guarantee the sustainability of the project until its end.
2) The tenderer / leader of the partnership must be a registered entity for at least one year.
3) The tenderer / leader of the partnership must be a registered entity with at least a year of activity, and must have statutory accounts and certified financial statements for at least one year of activity.
4) The applicant / lead applicant must be a formally registered entity in one of the countries following: Benin, Burkina Faso, Comoros, Cameroon, Gabon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal.
5) The solution proposed by the candidate / consortium must be in one of these three stages of development:
> Recent launch: the product / service or MVP (Minimum Viable Product) has been launched on the market for less than 6 months;
> Already on the market for more than 6 months: the product / service has been the subject of several iterations;
> The product has already been on the market for 1-2 years.
6) Depending on the main field of activity, the candidate / principal candidate must have the relevant operating licenses.
UNCDF contributions can range from 50,000 USD to 150,000 USD depending on the level of development of the solution.
Projects should have a duration of 6-18 months maximum. The activities should end at the latest at the end of the 18-month period.
Deadline: 23:59 GMT on 30 November 2020.
For more information, please visit https://www.uncdf.org/article/6286/rfa-challenge-rgional-innovations-num...