The current initiative proposes to enhance the participation of young women in the dialogue with local authorities via the existing Community Security Working Groups, Gender Coordination Councils and Gender Responsive Budgeting Working Groups to support age- and genderresponsive WPS local policies and programming, aiming to address protection of young women and discrimination they face, but also to emphasize the positive and transformative role young women can play in building sustainable peace.
These dialogues will bring to the table of discussions the particular needs, priorities and interests of young women in the context of implementation of the WPS agenda at the local level (e.g. sexual harassment which affects young women disproportionately), considering intersectionality, which is vital to inclusivity and diversity of participation.
Utilize This Offer
The applicant organization must have previous experience:
1) in conducting similar work/projects relevant to the scope of the current project;
2) of work with women affected by conflict on their capacity building and empowerment;
3) in conducting capacity development on human rights and gender equality. Particular experience in conducting trainings and providing technical support to women on Women, Peace and Security, leadership and advocacy will be considered an advantage;
4) in conducting gender/human rights advocacy at the regional and local levels;
5) of work at the regional and local level and coordination of cooperation between different groups and organizations;
6) of at least two relevant projects implemented in the past three years.
Timeframe: 22 March 2021 – 22 August 2022.
Budget for activities to be implemented in 2021: up to 105,000 USD. Budget for activities to be implemented in 2022: up to 105,000 USD.
For more information, please visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2020/11/unw...