First launched in 2014, the Womanity Award works to surface innovative solutions to prevent violence against women and girls (VAWG) from around the world. It focuses on the power of collaboration to address the root cause of VAWG.
Approximately every two years, they select a pair of organisations in the Global South who then work together for three years.
One of these is the Innovation Partner (IP) who has an innovative evidence-based approach to prevent violence against women and girls. They support them to help them increase their reach by adapting their programme in partnership with another organisation.
The other organisation is the Scale-Up Partner (SP) who receives support to adapt and deliver the tried-and-tested innovation in their own location. Both organisations share knowledge and learn from each other through a partnership based upon balanced power and mutual respect.
The Womanity Foundation has launched three rounds of the Womanity Award to date. Each of them has focused on a different theme related to violence against women and girls. These have included engaging men and boys, online violence and women’s safety in public spaces.
Utilize This Offer
Nominations are now open for the 4th round of the Womanity Award to find innovative programmes to prevent domestic violence against women and girls.
1) You must be based in the Global South;
2) The Innovation Partner and Scale-Up Partner should be from different countries;
3) You must be a legal, registered organisation;
4) The Innovation and Scale-Up Partners must have a partnership agreed in principle to adapt a programme focused on the prevention of domestic violence against women and girls in the country where Scale-Up Partner is based;
5) You must be able to communicate in English for both the selection process and implementation if selected.
Application deadline: 31 January 2021.
For more information, please visit https://womanity.org/launch-of-the-womanity-award-4/