medica mondiale has announced a Call for Proposal aims at improving the situation of women and girls affected by sexualized and gender-based violence perpetrated during or after the war in the region by focusing on the subject of Dealing with the Past: Increasing recognition and access to transitional justice mechanisms for survivors of war-related SGBV.
Projects can highlight one or more of the following aspects of Dealing with the past:
- Ensuring the right to justice;
- Ensuring the right to know;
- Ensuring the right to reparation.
We explicitly welcome projects, which - besides the mentioned thematic focus - also foster
collaboration, learning and networking in the region.
medica mondiale supports women’s organizations working at the local, regional or national level to protect and promote the rights of women and girls affected by sexualized and gender based violence, regardless of political, ethnic or religious affiliation.
Throughout their support they adopt a trauma sensitive and holistic approach. Together with women’s organizations from around the world, they are committed to helping women to lead a dignified and self-determined life.
Utilize This Offer
This call for proposals addresses women rights organizations in the following countries: Croatia and Kosovo (first priority); Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia (second priority).
Applicant organizations must:
1) be directed and led by women;
2) have as primary mission the protection and promotion of women’s rights with these goals clearly reflected in their work;
3) be working on issues directly related to medica mondiale’s theme: combating and preventing sexualized and gender based violence against women in war and conflict zones;
4) support women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age;
5) be working for social structural change to end violence against women;
6) actively include the perspectives of the women and girls they support;
7) be working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement;
8) be formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organizations;
9) not be currently funded by medica mondiale.
For projects with a duration of maximum one year, grants range in size from EURO 5.000 to EURO 15.000.
Two organizations can send a joint application for a project with an overall funding amount of max. EURO 30.000.
For projects set up for two years the maximum grants amount EUR 30.000.
The Project duration is maximum one year for organizations who apply for the first time.
Send your project proposal until 6th January 2020. Proposals received after this date will not be considered in the selection process.
For more information, please visit https://www.medicamondiale.org/en/what-we-do/grants-program.html