The Government of Canada is working closely with Black business owners and Black-led organizations across Canada to ensure the new BEP reflects the realities and needs of Black Canadians.
The program builds on the Government’s work to address systemic racism against Black Canadians. This includes taking steps to advance Canada’s Anti-Racism Strategy, justice reforms, modern policing structures and standards, and enhanced local community supports for young Black Canadians.
The goal of the Ecosystem Fund is to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem for Black entrepreneurs and business owners across Canada. It will allow not-for-profit Black-led organizations to develop new services or expand those they already offer such as mentorship, networking, financial planning, and business training for Black entrepreneurs.
Utilize This Offer
Eligible activities under the Ecosystem Fund address a gap and/or build capacity in the entrepreneurship ecosystem for Black Canadians, and can include one or more of the following:
1) Networking, matchmaking, and mentorship opportunities;
2) Incubator and accelerator programs;
3) Business advisory services to help entrepreneurs develop business plans, access capital, etc.;
4) Efforts to scale up programs that support Black entrepreneurs across regions and on a national basis; and
5) Other activities that will support the objectives of the Ecosystem Fund (such as financial skills – credit, business, loan management, digital literacy, etc.).
Only not-for-profit, Black-led organizations can submit an application. These organizations may apply independently or decide to partner to deliver project activities.
National projects must request a minimum grant of $250,000 for the duration of the project.
Applications should be submitted through the Black Entrepreneurship Program (BEP) portal by December 21, 2020 at 14:00 PST.
Late submissions will not be considered.
All applications will be reviewed after the deadline. Your application must include all of the required information to be considered in the next stage of the selection process.
For more information please visit