The U.S. Embassy in Cameroon announces an open competition for applications to organize a virtual workshop to enhance the leadership abilities of female elected officials in Cameroon.
According to the United Nations, women’s political participation is central in achieving inclusive, equitable and sustainable development. In Cameroon, despite some progress, the number of women in elected office remains quite low. Following the 2019 municipal and legislative elections, Cameroon has 26 female senators out of 100, and 61 women in parliament out of 180. Only 35 councils out of 361 are headed by women.
The target audience is 75-100 women currently serving as senators, members of the national assembly, and mayors or deputy mayors in Cameroon.
Participants will be drawn from all regions of the country and reflect the political diversity of the country.
Selection of participants will be made jointly with the Embassy.
a) will arrange all logistics for the entire program, and will be responsible for selecting topics and arranging expert speakers for all but two of the workshop sessions;
2) should propose a minimum of six virtual workshop / training sessions that will complement two additional sessions led by a U.S. expert whose participation will be arranged by the Embassy at no expense to the project budget, over a period of two weeks.
The sessions should be interactive and include activities such as practical activities, break-out or large session discussion groups, and/or fact-finding exercises.
Sessions will be conducted on Zoom. Each session will last approximately 90 minutes.
Utilize This Offer
This funding opportunity seeks to build the leadership capacity of Cameroonian women in elected office in developing and achieving goals, understanding the social and legal framework in which they operate, networking, and making good use of available communication tools to convey their messages and influence their constituencies.
PAS encourages applications from the United States and Cameroon:
1) Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, community associations, and civil society / non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
3) Non-profit media organizations;
4) Professional trade organizations;
5) Non-profit or governmental educational institutions.
Awards may range from a minimum of USD$10,000 to a maximum of USD$15,000.
Cost sharing or matching is not required.
Length of performance period: 3 to 4 months.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330376