The U.S. Embassy Budapest, Public Affairs Section (PAS Budapest) of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a program for the Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) 2021 program for participants from Hungary.
The State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) has established the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE), as a program supporting women entrepreneurs around the world.
AWE uses DreamBuilder, an online training program for women entrepreneurs that was developed through a partnership between Arizona State University’s Thunderbird School of Management and global copper mining company Freeport-McMoRan, which teaches women to create their own business plans, understand how to raise capital, and connect with networks of successful business owners.
Utilize This Offer
The goal of the project is to empower women in Hungary to fulfill their economic potential, and in doing so, create conditions for a more stable, secure, and prosperous society.
The objective of the project is to engage a maximum of 30 Hungarian women entrepreneurs in an educational program designed to equip them with skills for successful development of their business ideas.
The following organizations registered in Hungary are eligible to apply:
1) Not-for-profit organizations, including associations, civil-society, non-governmental organizations;
2) Public and private educational institutions;
3) U.S. or third-country organizations are not eligible for cooperative agreement under this program unless in partnership with a Hungarian entity;
4) Applicants must have organizational representation (i.e. an existing office) in Hungary;
5) Organizations with extensive experience in business or entrepreneurship and with an established network, all preferably in Hungary, will have priority among applicants.
Award amount: up to a maximum of USD$66,100.00.
Length of performance period: 12 months.
Closing Date for Applications: Jan 17, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330371