The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of Justice Programs (OJP), National Institute of Justice (NIJ), is seeking applications for funding for research and evaluation efforts to better understand, prevent, and respond to trafficking in persons in the United States.
1. City or township governments,
2. County governments,
3. For profit organizations other than small businesses,
4. Independent school districts,
5. Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized),
6. Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments),
7. Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education,
8. Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education,
9. Private institutions of higher education,
10. Public and State controlled institutions of higher education,
11. Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities,
12. Small businesses,
13. Special district governments,
14. State governments,
Utilize This Offer
With this solicitation, NIJ continues to build upon its research and evaluation efforts to better understand, prevent, and respond to trafficking in persons in the United States.
Applicants should propose research projects that — first and foremost — have clear implications for criminal justice policy and practice in the United States.
With this solicitation, NIJ seeks proposals for research projects addressing the following priority areas:
a) Demand reduction research.
b) Human trafficking research, evaluation and development.
c) Sex trafficking of American Indian and Alaska Native girls and women research.
NIJ will not consider proposals for research outside of these priority areas.
The goal of this solicitation is to provide U.S. federal, state, local, and tribal criminal justice agencies with evidence-based knowledge and tools to address the crime as it occurs in their communities.
Estimated Total Program Funding: USD $3,000,000.
Closing Date for Applications: Feb 22, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330559