The Trans Justice Funding Project (TJFP) is seeking applications for its grant program to support trans-led groups with budgets of under $250,000 in the United States.
The term “trans” in its most inclusive sense, as an umbrella term encompassing transsexual, transgender, genderqueer, Two-Spirit people, and more generally, anyone whose gender identity or gender expression is non-conforming and/or different from their birth-assigned sex.
TJFP see trans justice as a commitment to creating a world where trans and gender non-conforming individuals and communities have the freedom to self-define and express their genders without fear of violence, discrimination, or harassment. A world where we recognize and honor communities have knowledge and expertise in matters relating to their own lives that no one else will have.
Utilize This Offer
1. Be a group;
2. Be a grassroots, trans justice group run by and for trans people;
3. Have their group’s total budget less than USD$250,000;
4. Be located in the United States or a U.S. territory;
5. Be centering the leadership of trans people organizing around their experiences with racism, economic injustice, transmisogyny, ableism, immigration, incarceration, and other intersecting oppressions;
6. Be meeting the needs of different local communities and using organizing and/or providing services to help bring people together;
7. See their work as part of a bigger picture of trans-led work that seeks dignity and justice for all people.
Applicants do not need to be a 501c3 non-profit or have a fiscal sponsor to apply!
The application is currently available in English and Spanish.
TJFP 2021 goal is to give away at least 1 million dollars with grant sizes of USD$2500, USD$5000, and USD$10,000.
The deadline to apply is February 15th, 2021 by midnight Pacific Standard Time.
Decisions will be made at the end of May 2021, so you can expect to hear back from us by early June 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.transjusticefundingproject.org/apply/