The Community Foundation for South Central New York is seeking applications for its 2021 Community Grants Program.
Areas of support for which qualified organizations may apply:
a) Program – Programs that address a specific, demonstrated community need. The foundation is especially interested in programs that strengthen diversity, equity and inclusion in the following systems: housing, mental health, criminal justice, education and food security.
b) Capital – Proposals for property purchase, equipment purchase, facilities improvement, and capital campaigns. A minimum of 2 estimates must accompany a capital request.
c) Operating Support – Proposals from established organizations that are in financial distress due to a reduction in traditional funding sources for operations. They will also consider requests for short-term assistance that will improve long-term sustainability.
d) Capacity Building – Proposals that build organizational capacity. Of particular interest are proposals that build the organizations capacity to strengthen diversity, equity and inclusion in to both operations and programming.
e) Economic and Community Development – Proposals that strengthen the community by strengthening the local economy and encourage local ownership and development of resources particularly in underserved communities.
Utilize This Offer
1) Any 501(c)(3) where a grant will benefit significantly (but not necessarily exclusively) residents of the Foundation’s service area: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties;
2) Certain local government agencies, municipalities and public-school systems within the Foundation’s service area;
3) Organizations requiring a 501(c)(3) as a fiscal sponsor may be eligible to apply;
4) To support the need for their project, applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize and specifically reference information in any of the foundation’s regional need assessments;
5) Capital requests (repairs, equipment, etc.) require a minimum of 2 estimates.
The process is competitive and the award request must be between USD$5,000 and USD$20,000.
The deadlines for submission of the LOI are Tuesday February 23, 2021 and Friday August 13, 2021 for the spring and fall grants cycles respectively.
For more information, please visit https://donorswhocare.org/grant-seekers/grant-seeker-forms/