The FISA Foundation is issuing an open call for letters of inquiry for projects and services to advance the rights and address the needs of people with disabilities in a ten-county area of southwestern Pennsylvania.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had disproportionate negative consequences for people with disabilities. From concerns about overall health and the allocation of medical resources, to the availability of home and community-based services, to increased vulnerability to violence and abuse, the impact of the pandemic on people with disabilities, their families, and the organizations that support them is significant and far-reaching. These examples are just a few of the myriad ways that the pandemic has exacerbated pre-existing inequalities.
Utilize This Offer
Grants will be made to 501(c)(3) organizations, or projects with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor, for services provided in the ten-county region of Southwestern PA.
1. Improving access to healthcare and dental care for people with disabilities;
2. Addressing or preventing abuse and violence against people with disabilities;
3. Advancing rights in education, employment, housing, and community life, social inclusion, as well as addressing barriers to accessibility;
4. Services and supports that address basic needs and/or allow people with disabilities to remain connected to the richness of the community, even while social distancing;
5. Initiatives led by people with disabilities and/or designed to empower people with disabilities to participate in effective advocacy and change-making;
6. Efforts by disability organization to address racism to better reach and serve people of color with disabilities;
7. Intersectional advocacy and movement-building to cultivate cross-disability collaboration and to integrate disability issues into broader justice-seeking work.
The Foundation expects the average grant size to be under USD$25,000.
Submit letters of inquiry by February 12, 2021.
Notification of decisions about LOIs and invitations to submit full proposals by March 12, 2021.
Invited proposals due by April 1, 2021.
Funding decisions announced mid-June 2021.
For more information, please visit https://fisafoundation.org/2020/12/fisa-foundation-invites-letters-of-in...