The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program that brings together rising leaders from the United States and around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions.
Over the course of an academic year at Columbia University, Obama Foundation Scholars deepen their knowledge and skills and build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries.
Upon completion of the program, Obama Foundation Scholars, empowered by their experience, return to the regions where they have been working and continue along a path of service.
Utilize This Offer
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
1) Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers;
2) Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities;
3) Are fluent in English (verbal, written, and spoken);
4) Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community;
5) Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
Applications for the 2021-2022
program are accepted until February 5, 2021 at 5:00pm ET.
For more information please visit