The Yidan Prize is an inclusive education award that recognizes individuals, or up to three-member teams, who have contributed significantly to education research and development.
Each year the Yidan Prize is awarded in two categories to individuals, or teams of up to three members:
1. Yidan Prize for Education Research: Awarded for significant contribution to the science of education.
2. Yidan Prize for Education Development: Awarded for instituting positive change in education and learning.
Each prize comprises a gold medal and a total sum of HK$30 million (around US$3.9 million). Half is a cash prize of HK$15 million.
The other HK$15 million is a project fund to help them expand their initiatives.
You can’t make a nomination if:
a) You’d like to recognize a member of your family.
b) You’re one of their directors, or on their Judging or Advisory Committees.
c) You’d like to recognize someone posthumously.
Utilize This Offer
1. Nominators can be members of government bodies, non-governmental organizations, professional associations, and thought leaders in education and learning. The nominator should be a credible witness to the impact of the nominee(s).
2. Nominees can be either an individual or a working team of up to three people. They can be teachers, researchers, academics, policymakers, or advocates, among others.
3. A nomination must be accompanied by at least two recommendation letters from supporters.
4. Self-nomination is accepted from candidates who obtain recommendation letters from at least three supporters.
5. Posthumous nominations are not accepted.
Nominees not awarded the Yidan Prize may be nominated again in the future.
When you apply doesn’t make any difference to the outcome of the judging, but it means they have time to tell you if you’ve missed anything. If you apply by the end of February 2021, they’ll let you know if there are any gaps so you can update and re-submit your nomination before the deadline.
2021 nominations are open until 31 March 2021.
For more information please visit https://yidanprize.org/the-prize/nominations/