The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level.
Other entities, such as international, intergovernmental, multilateral and regional organizations may be eligible for funding, provided they are working with local partners and on local projects that are consistent with the objectives of the CFLI.
Similarly, municipal, regional and national government institutions may receive funding, provided that their projects are essentially local in nature.
The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects that deliver measurable results.
Utilize This Offer
All projects must align with at least 1 of the following CFLI thematic priorities:
a) Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
b) Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
c) Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
d) Human dignity, covering health, education and nutrition.
e) Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
f) Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
Eligible recipients include:
1. Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit);
2. Local municipal, regional or national government institution or agency of the recipient country;
3. Local academic institution;
4. Canadian organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities;.
5. International or regional organization (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is working on local development activities;
6. Intergovernmental or multilateral institution, organization or agency working on local development activities.
The average CFLI contribution is $15,000 to $30,000 Canadian Dollars for an eligible project.
The deadline for submitting a concept note is 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, February 14, 2021 (concept notes submitted after this deadline will not be considered).
For more information, please visit https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/funding-financement/cfli-fci...