The Swiss Cooperation Office in Mongolia is calling for proposals for art and culture projects with the aim to foster local cultural identity and artistic diversity and encourage the creative use of art for social transformation and development in Mongolia.
Proposals can cover a range of different artistic expressions, both traditional and contemporary such as literature, poetry, painting, music, theatre, dance, opera, video production, design and photography which contribute to cultural diversity and development.
Initiatives for bringing about improvements in framework conditions, e.g. cultural policies, preservation and rehabilitation of cultural tangible and intangible heritage and traditions, capacity building and professional activities’ development, strengthening of organisations and their networks as well as projects which demonstrate culture as a pillar of development will be supported.
Cultural initiatives from rural institutions that enhance artistic development in rural areas, as well as projects aiming at developing young and emerging artists or practitioners as actors of development, are particularly encouraged.
Projects that promote cultural exchanges between Mongolia and Switzerland, expertise exchange and fusion of various art forms are of interest.
Promotion of Mongolian culture and traditions abroad or intercultural exchange by Mongolian diaspora abroad is welcome.
Utilize This Offer
1. can be public/not-for-profit/academic/artistic/cultural organisations or institutions registered in Mongolia;
2. must submit a complete project proposal (max 8 pages without annexes) with a detailed budget using templates provided.
3. from Ulaanbaatar are required to submit an entire application in English.
4. from the countryside are encouraged to apply in English. But a 1-2 pages informative summary in English is required if applying in Mongolian;
5. should not be linked to a political party, or their proposal have any relation or interaction with political activities.
All eligible proposals must be in line with the aforementioned objectives.
Applicants are allowed to submit one project proposal only.
Incomplete and/or poorly prepared proposals will not be reviewed.
The project duration should be from 12-18 months.
Project selection will be conducted on a competitive basis by a committee.
Good proposals from applicants who never received a grant will be prioritized.
Deadline to send applications: 28 February 2021.
For more information please visit