Applications are now open for the 2021 Young Leaders Access Program – a year-long program that prepares young people, 18 to 26, to become leaders of change in their communities through leadership development, global citizenship, self-awareness, and vision planning.
Young Leaders Access Program (YLP) team, mentors, and mentees all work together to impact communities through innovative ideas and concrete projects, hence truly accomplishing the purpose of Local Change Through Global Exchange®.
Given the situation with the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, the YLP team is implementing the program to fully virtual by through e-modules, Zoom discussions, and virtual one-on-one learning between mentors and mentees.
Utilize This Offer
Young Leaders Must:
1. Demonstrate commitment to their community;
2. Identify an issue in their community to address;
3. Be between the ages of 18-26 at the start of the program (July 1, 2021);
4. Be fluent in written and spoken English;
5. Commit to completing the Community Needs Assessment over the summer, attending the 3-months Virtual Learning program, and spending the following year aiming to execute their community project;
6. Have access to email and internet to allow for consistent communication with the MCW Global Team and Young Leaders Program alumni-mentor for the duration of the year-long program.
The application must be filled out in English. Letters of recommendation and resume also need to be written in English. Any part of the application that is not written in English will not be read and be considered incomplete.
Submit a completed application on or before March 1, 2021 end of the day (NYC EST time).
For more information, please visit https://mcwglobal.org/young-leaders-access-program-2021/