The EnAbling Change Program is a shared-cost transfer payment program administered by the Ministry for seniors and Accessibility (“the ministry”) that provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, industry organizations, and professional associations to educate their stakeholders about accessibility, drive cultural awareness about the value and benefits of accessibility, and support regulatory compliance.
This program provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, industry organizations and professional associations to:
a) Educate their stakeholders about the value and benefits of accessibility;
b) Help support compliance with accessibility laws;
c) Promote a culture of inclusion.
Typical projects may involve:
• Customized educational tools and resources that directly communicate about accessibility and inclusion with their sector;
• Promoting accessibility in daily living and encouraging regulatory compliance;
• Public outreach programs and initiatives.
Utilize This Offer
The EnAbling Change Program 2021-2022 priorities are:
> COVID-19 Recovery: Supporting people with disabilities, seniors and other marginalized communities during and after the pandemic through innovative solutions that improve their quality of life and eliminate barriers;
> Online Innovation: Serving people with disabilities, seniors and other marginalized communities through online methods and innovative technology; and,
> Scaling Best Practices: Amplifying successes that are dedicated to making an inclusive and accessible province.
Applicant organizations must:
1. Be a not-for-profit organizations that is able to reach across an industry or sector in Ontario;
2. Be compliant with Ontario’s accessibility laws;
3. Be a not-for-profit organization that has been incorporated in Ontario for at least one year;
4. Have accountability processes to administer, manage and oversee any funding received from the Province; and,
5. Provide proof of Commercial General Liability Insurance coverage in the amount of not less than $2 million.
Projects may range in value from $5,000 to $150,000.
Setting up an account may take up to five business days, so make sure you allow at least one week to register at least one week before starting the application process.
Deadline to apply is March 26, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/age-friendly-and-accessibility-grants#section-0