The MGG Academy supports future change makers who are dedicated to transformative change. It brings together young professionals to collectively address global challenges.
Building trust, exchanging perspectives and developing a mutual understanding belong to the core assets of the MGG Academy.
We believe that future change makers need profound knowledge of global challenges and the ability to analyse complex interdependencies, as well as personal and social skills.
The Academy thus blends knowledge components on global challenges with the
development of the participants’ leadership competencies. In an action-oriented component, participants apply the knowledge and competencies they have acquired and develop a change maker project.
DIE will offer financial support for participants during the digital academy. All participants will receive:
- one time lump-sum for technical equipment (100€),
- one time lump-sum for project development (100€),
- monthly financial support.
Utilize This Offer
The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation.
The MGG Academy is based on the didactic principle of active learning. It combines a diverse set of working methods, such as individual and group work, discussions, exercises and trainings. Input and learning material will be provided in diverse forms, including videos, podcasts, texts, presentations, digital tools and expert hearings. Training on how to use the digital tools and platforms will be provided.
The MGG Academy is a digital
part-time programme. Calls can take place outside of usual business hours because of the time differences.
Prospective participants should:
1. work in a governmental organisation, policy-oriented think tank, research institution, civil society or private sector organisation in an MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
2. work on issues relevant to global governance such as international trade, international economics and finance, environmental challenges, international security or development cooperation,
3. speak English fluently,
4. be between 25 and 40 years old,
5. have at least three years of working experience,
6. be open to a broad variety of working methods,
7. be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies,
8. be sensitive to other cultures,
9. be supported by their organisation.
Applications for the MGG Academy 2021 are possible until 31 March 2021.
For more information please visit