“The African Youth for Environment (AY4E) Fellowship” is a comprehensive environmental education and awareness project powered by U-recycle Initiative and funded by a National Geographic Society grant. AY4E focuses on influencing positive behavioural changes towards tackling issues of plastic pollution in Nigeria.
The Fellowship empowers youth and high school students across Nigeria with knowledge, skills and tools to begin developing actionable solutions at the grassroots level to combat plastic pollution.
Through our ‘AY4E Fellowship’, we plan to coach 6 young people who will then enlighten and engage over 6,000 high-school students in 6 schools across the 6 geographical zones in Nigeria, through creative environmental education projects.
Utilize This Offer
This is a fully-funded eight-month (April – December 2021) program that provides emerging environmentalists, green enthusiasts, environmental advocates, and climate change activists with a unique opportunity to implement creative grassroots solutions to address environmental pollution.
To be eligible for our cohort of 2021, you:
1. Must be between the ages of 16-25 years old and should have completed secondary school / high school;
2. Should be Nigerian and should be a resident in Nigeria for the next one year;
3. Should have access to a Laptop and internet connection;
4. Show deep commitment or passion to address environmental issues like plastic pollution;
5. Are ready to develop and become a young social impact leader that advances solutions towards addressing environmental issues in Africa;
6. Must be an excellent communicator and self-starter who is determined to succeed;
7. Must be willing and available to implement 5 environmental education projects (designed and fully-funded by us) at one high school in your state;
8. Are a creative, innovative and dynamic changemaker who has or is ready to inspire and educate others to take action for the environment;
9. Are passionate about environmental protection, plastic pollution, ocean conservation;
10. Should be willing to commit 3-7 hours for (training or project implementation) on selected weeks;
11. Have good organisational skills with the ability to work independently and under time pressure;
12. Have some experience in engaging in environmental awareness, advocacy or community service or may have taken courses or training in themes relating to environmental pollution.
Application deadline: 10 March 2021.
For more information please visit