The Employment and Social Development Canada is seeking applications for the Canada Learning Bond (CLB) Grants and Contributions Pilot Project.
Children are eligible for the CLB if they:
> are from a low-income family;
> are born on or after January 1, 2004;
> are a resident of Canada;
> have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN);
> are named in a RESP.
Utilize This Offer
Applicant organizations must be one of the following:
1. not-for-profit organization or charity;
2. educational institution (including post-secondary institutions), school board;
3. health and social services agency or employment services;
4. municipal government;
5. Indigenous organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities).
Note: RESP promoters (providers) are not eligible.
Your application must:
a) not exceed 24 months in duration;
b) request no more than $1,000,000;
c) align with the objective of this funding process;
d) target one of the following populations:
• children from families with low incomes;
• children of single parents;
• children in care;
• children and families living in rural or remote regions of Canada;
• youth transitioning to post-secondary education.
The populations listed above typically have lower CLB take-up rates. A large proportion of youth transitioning to post-secondary education risk lacking opportunities to claim or build education savings through the CLB.
Eligible organizations may submit only 1 application for funding in this process.
Models must take into account the barriers that exist in a COVID-19 environment.
You can apply until March 17, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
We expect to make funding decisions in June 2021.
For more information please visit