The National Geographic Society has announced the COVID-19 Science Fund to provide solutions to the situations created or magnified by the pandemic, thereby helping us to understand and address the challenges and changes of living in a COVID-19 world.
For this fund, the National Geographic Society prioritizes funding for costs directly required to complete the proposed project, such as travel, lodging, food (including for team members), as well as fieldwork and lab-based work (including equipment and supplies).
Applicants may also request money to cover safety-related costs, such as for COVID-19 tests, buying masks for their team, cleaning supplies, medical insurance, travel insurance, vaccinations, medication, etc.
Applicants may request money for compensation, indirect costs and dependent care. All budget line items must include written justification in the provided template.
Applications will be reviewed based on the budget request.
Utilize This Offer
This fund invites research, conservation, and technology projects on the following two (2) topics:
a) Community-based and inclusive conservation;
b) Impacts of tourism changes on cultural heritage sites and wildlife.
1. Only applications that propose activity in the applicant’s country of residence will be considered;
2. All application materials must be in English, and
3. Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time they submit an application;
4. Proposed activities must prioritize your health, the health of your team, and the health of communities in which you work;
5. The application should outline the specific steps that will be taken to ensure safety throughout the project duration;
6. Applicants should check with local health and safety guidelines before embarking on any travel to ensure that they are in adherence with relevant laws and policy;
7. Applicants should demonstrate how their proposed project takes into account the needs, safety, and preferences of communities local to the project site.
Applications will be reviewed based on plans for safety and feasibility.
Funding requests of up to USD$50,000 will be accepted.
Statement of interest will be accepted through 11:59 p.m. EDT March 31, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://www.nationalgeographic.org/funding-opportunities/grants/what-we-...