The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center Southern Africa (YALI RLC-SA) and the Trevor Noah Foundation have partnered to invest in a new generation of young African champions for education quality through its Education Changemakers Programme Cohort 2.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders, hosted by the University of South Africa at the Graduate School of Business Leadership in Midrand, South Mica.
The Trevor Noah Foundation is a non-profit organization that equips underserved youth with the educational foundation and opportunity to become resilient future leaders of South Africa.
Utilize This Offer
Participants must meet the following criteria:
1. Age: 18-35;
2. English language proficiency.
Portuguese speaking participants will be accommodated in the Mozambique Hub at UEM;
3. A commitment to positively impact Africa, their own countries as well as communities;
4. Demonstrated leadership capabilities and interest in Public Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Civic Leadership;
5. Commitment to serve the development agenda of the African continent;
6. Citizens from the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Kingdom of Eswatini, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The program encourages applications from:
• Young African Leaders in the education sector i.e. principals, teachers, education enterprises or nonprofits, and policymakers;
• Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders;
• Young leaders with disabilities;
• People who are HIV positive or living with AIDS;
• Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTI communities across the region;
• Other minority groups.
Programme implementation will be completed in two phases:
> Four weeks of intensive classroom training focused on foundational leadership skills and the application of business and public institution management tools for the education sector; and
> Six months of post-graduation coaching and mentoring.
The programme will also include site visits and live case studies using highly interactive methodologies.
There is no fee to apply for or participate in the programme.
The closing date is 26 March 2021.
For more information, please visit