Launched in 2019, ViiV Healthcare’s Amp Grant funds organizations to operate micro-granting and capacity-building programs to activate individuals and organizations leading grassroots HIV outreach.
Knowing small or local projects often can’t access traditional funding sources, and that innovation is often found at the grassroots level, Amp Grant Leads act as an incubator to cohorts of innovative individuals, projects, or small organizations leading outreach and engagement efforts that reach people living with or vulnerable to HIV.
As part of an expanded effort to place resources directly in the hands of the community, Amp Grant Leads provide funds, capacity building, technical assistance, mentorship and more.
Amp Grants will be awarded to up to 10 organizations that will serve as Program Leads, responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating an Amp Grant cohort.
Utilize This Offer
Amp Grant will fund nonprofit organizations across the U.S., including Puerto Rico.
All Amp Grant requests should focus on the following areas:
a) Enhance advocacy, by providing capacity building and leadership development tools for people living with or vulnerable to HIV.
b) Develop networks with and for micro-grantees to reduce isolation, foster shared learning and enhance cooperative efforts to combat HIV.
c) Activate linkage and engagement projects that break down barriers and help more people connect to care.
d) Use arts and culture to engage communities, raise awareness, reduce stigma and build or deepen empathy around PLWH.
At a minimum, eligible nonprofit organizations must meet all of the following criteria, and/or engage a Fiscal Sponsor that meets all of the following criteria:
1. Be a 501(c)(3) Internal Revenue Service (IRS)-designated nonprofit organization;
2. Be located in the U.S. or Puerto Rico;
3. Provide programs and support primarily to those persons or communities impacted by or affected by HIV in the U.S.;
4. Received no more than 25 percent of your total operating budget (total annual revenue) in 2020 from ViiV Healthcare and anticipate the same for 2021;
5. Organizations applying for the grant must be the same organization receiving the funds and must be responsible for the implementation and management of the project.
Eligible organizations applying for the Amp Grant may apply for a 3-year grant, up to USD$250,000 per year.
The deadline to submit a proposal for the Amp Grant is April 9, 2021.
For more information, please visit https://viivhealthcare.com/en-us/positive-action-community-grants/