The UN-Women is soliciting proposals from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to promote women’s human rights and gender equality which are key in sustaining and furthering achievements in stability and development.
In this regard, its programming in the Country is connected to five priority areas:
• women’s leadership and political participation;
• enhancing women’s economic empowerment;
• engaging women in all aspects of women, peace and security processes;
• advancing women’s rights to live free from violence and
• gender responsive governance.
Utilize This Offer
1. Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
2. Organizational experience and proven track record / credibility on the provision of services described and areas of expertise relevant to the services required.
3. Duly registered or has the legal basis / mandate as an organization.
4. Has been in operation for at least five (5) years.
5. Has a permanent office within the location area.
6. Key target groups / beneficiaries and locations:
a) The project will target at least 700 women beneficiaries between the ages 21 – 55 from Lofa, Nimba, Bong, Grand Bassa, and Margibi Counties. These women will gain memberships to cooperatives and Village Savings and Loan Associations at the end of the project.
b) Technical / functional competencies required, including the applicant organization registration details and relevant experience working on issues pertaining to literacy and numeracy, human rights, awareness raising campaigns, sustainable livelihoods, business and economic development, empowerment, and community engagement and participation, particularly in rural areas.
Women’s organizations or entities are highly encouraged to apply.
The budget range for this proposal should be USD 175,000 Min. – USD 200,000 Max.
Proposals must be received by UNWOMEN not later than 5:00 PM GMT on 9th April 2021.
For more information please visit