The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to provide program support for Media Small Grants Program.
The purpose of the Media Small Grants Program is to fund individual projects that:
• strengthen the media literacy and critical thinking skills of students, news consumers, and other citizens of Serbia;
• ensure the free flow of accurate information; support people’s efforts to tell stories of greatest interest to them;
• support the strengthening of the Serbian press; and educate community members about the importance of a free press in a democratic society like Serbia’s.
At the same time, they are also trying to strengthen the institutional capacity of the sub-grantee to manage and implement projects.
Utilize This Offer
The following not-for-profit entities, from Serbia or the U.S.,are eligible to apply:
1. Journalist or media unions or associations, civil society organizations / non-governmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks.
2. To be eligible for consideration, every Serbia-based applicant organization must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia with the Agencija za privredne registre (APR).
a) Media Freedom and the Role of the Free Press in a Democracy;
b) Strengthening Digital Platforms and Online Media;
c) Expanding Public Debate;
d) Diversity of Views.
Your target audience will be potential sub-grantees who could submit competitive applications in line with the Embassy’s revised application form and accompanying instructions. That could include:
• Not-for-profit organizations, including journalist associations, civil society organizations or non-governmental organizations, think tanks, educational institutions, media outlets, etc.
• Individual citizens, including alumni of U.S. Government (USG) exchange programs, which have a demonstrated capacity or proven track record to carry out the proposed activities.
Length of performance period: Up to 24 months (including the evaluation period).
Award amounts: Up to USD$145,000 for the Cooperative Agreement, with sub-grants (drawn from that total figure) ranging from USD$2,000-USD$15,000.
Closing Date for Applications: April 20, 2021.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=332165